Really great job. Thank you so much. I really love it. Thank you so much for all of your help.
This paperwork of ECO 316 Week 4 Chapter 19 Organization of Central Banks shows the solutions to the following problems:
19.1 Multiple Choice Questions
1) In October 2005, President Bush nominated which of the following to be chair of the Federal Reserve?
2) Who is Alan Greenspan?
3) Who is Trichet?
4) Why has the Federal Reserve chairman often been called the second most important person in the nation?
5) Who organized the Bank of the United States?
6) Which groups were opposed to the Bank of the United States?
7) Which president failed to re the charter of the Second Bank of the United States?
8) The movement to set up a central bank in the United States was spurred by the financial panic that occurred in
9) Who had served as a de facto lender of last resort during the 1907 panic?
10) The National Monetary Commission
11) When did the Federal Reserve Act become law?
12) Which of the following is NOT a way in which power was divided up in the Federal Reserve System?
13) Which of the following is NOT considered one of the four principal groups in the Federal Reserve System?
14) In 1913, Congress and the President did not envision that the Fed would control
15) How many Federal Reserve districts are there?
16) Which of the following cities contains a Federal Reserve bank?
17) Which of the following cities does NOT contain a Federal Reserve bank?
18) Which of the following Federal Reserve district banks was NOT a major population center at the time the Fed was created?
19) Federal Reserve districts
20) Who owns the Federal Reserve banks?
21) Which best describes the Federal Reserve district banks?
22) Which of the following statements is correct?
23) The members of Federal Reserve district bank boards of directors who are bankers are known as
24) The members of Federal Reserve district bank boards of directors who represent the public interest are known as
25) The members of Federal Reserve district bank boards of directors who are leaders in industry, commerce, and agriculture are known as
26) The members of Federal Reserve district bank boards of directors appointed by the Board of Governors are known as
27) Which of the following is NOT an activity carried out by Federal Reserve district banks?
28) The Federal Reserve district banks
29) Federal Reserve banks perform all of the following roles EXCEPT
30) What is the name of the entity, composed of Federal Reserve district bankers, that consults on monetary policy?
31) Under the Federal Reserve Act, which banks must be members of the Federal Reserve System?
32) What percentage of all banks in the United States belong to the Federal Reserve System?
33) Why did fewer state banks choose to become or remain members of the Federal Reserve System during the 1960s and 1970s?
34) The reserve tax refers to
35) The Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980
36) Which of the following statements about the Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 is NOT correct?
37) About how many banks are Federal Reserve System members?
38) Members of the Board of Governors are
39) Members of the Board of Governors
40) Which of the following men has NOT served as Chairman of the Board of Governors?
41) What is the length of a term for the Chairman of the Board of Governors?
42) The margin requirement set by the Federal Reserve is the
43) Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of the Board of Governors?
44) The beige book is prepared by
45) The national economic forecast for the next two years prepared by the staff of the Board of Governors is published in the
46) The Chairman of the Federal Open Market Committee is also
47) The president of which Federal Reserve bank is always a member of the Federal Open Market Committee?
48) To conduct open market operations, the FOMC issues a directive to
49) The Banking Acts of 1933 and 1935
50) The Treasury was in conflict with Alan Greenspan early in the Bush administration because the Treasury
51) Most Fed watchers believe that the Fed is
52) Member banks
53) Elections to the boards of directors of Federal Reserve district banks
54) According to Sherman Maisel’s experience, the most powerful group in the Fed, apart from the chairman of the Board of Governors, is
55) Which of the following statements is correct?
56) The Fed does not have to go through the normal congressional appropriations process because
57) What is the main reason the Fed operates in a political arena?
58) All of the following help make the Fed independent of the political process EXCEPT
59) Most of the Fed’s earnings come from
60) Which of the following statements is correct?
61) Governors of the Fed often do not serve their full fourteen-year terms because
62) A chairman of the Board of Governors who is not reappointed
63) House Concurrent Resolution 133
64) The Humphrey-Hawkins Act
65) The man appointed as Fed chairman by President Carter in July 1979 to lead the fight against inflation was
66) In 1979, President Carter hoped to appoint a Fed chairman who would bring down inflation, thus helping President Carter to be reelected in 1980. In this respect, President Carter was
67) During World War II
68) In the early post-war years, the Fed was reluctant to continue its wartime agreement with the Treasury because it believed the result would be
69) Which chairman of the Board of Governors was not reappointed by President Truman in 1948 as a result of a conflict between the Fed and the Treasury?
70) During the early 1980s, Paul Volcker argued that the Fed could not
71) The public interest view of Fed motivation holds that the Fed acts in the interest of
72) Which of the following appears to be evidence against the public interest view of the Fed’s motivation?
73) The principal-agent view of Fed motivation predicts that the Fed acts
74) The political business cycle theory predicts that
75) The facts show that the political business cycle theory
76) Why might Congress benefit from the Fed being self-financed?
77) The issue of Fed independence is most often raised by
78) The main argument in favor of Fed independence is that
79) The main argument against Fed independence is that
80) Apart from the United States, in countries where central bank board members serve fixed terms of office,
81) Which central bank gained the power to set interest rates independent of the government in the late 1990s?
19.2 Essay Questions
1) Suppose the First National Bank pays 6.5% interest on checkable deposits and that the required reserve ratio is 10%. What is First National Bank’s effective cost of funds?
2) Discuss the implications of the Fed’s lacking of a constitutional mandate.
3) The text states that: “Few countries have as complex a structure for their central bank as the United States has in its Federal Reserve System.” Why does the Fed have such a complex structure?
4) Under what circumstances might a private lender of last resort, such as the York Clearing House in the years before the founding of the Fed, be effective? Under what circumstances would a private lender of last resort be ineffective?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more