Really great job. Thank you so much. I really love it. Thank you so much for all of your help.
This file of ECO 204 Week 3 Quiz shows the solutions to the following problems:
1. Products may be homogeneous or differentiated in the ________ market structure.
2. The right answer to the debate regarding the welfare effects of advertising is that
advertising always leads to concentration in an industry.
advertising always leads to positive economic profits in an industry.
advertising always improves the functioning of the market.
There is no right answer.
3. Assume that an economy producing two products, skateboards and in-line skates, is initially in equilibrium, and that skateboards and in-line skates are substitutes. If consumer preferences shift away from skateboards and toward in-line skates, which of the following will NOT occur?
In the short run, firms producing skateboards will incur losses.
In the short run, firms producing in-line skates will earn a profit.
Additional capital will begin to flow into in-line skates production in the long run.
Additional capital will begin to flow into skateboard production in the long run.
4. Monopolies, oligopolies, and monopolistic competitive industries all
earn positive profits in the long run.
have market power.
are completely unconstrained in their pricing.
raise price and quantity over what would occur in perfect competition in order to maximize their profits.
5. A ________ system is one in which all possible trades that make some societal members better off without making others worse off have been exhausted.
6. A monopolistically competitive firm that is incurring a loss will shut down if
marginal revenue is less than marginal cost.
revenues are less than variable costs.
price is less than average total cost.
price is less than marginal cost.
7. Firms stop producing tapes and start producing compact discs because people prefer compact discs to tapes. This will
make the distribution of outcome more equitable.
make the economy more stable.
make the economy less stable.
8. The four largest firms account for approximately 90% of U.S. beer sales. The U.S. beer industry would be best classified as a(n)
perfectly competitive industry.
monopolistically competitive industry.
9. Firms with market power must decide all of the following EXCEPT
how much to supply in each input market.
how much to produce.
how to produce it.
what price to charge for their output.
10. Suppose a policy change will generate $100,000 of benefits for low-income families and $120,000 of costs for high-income families. This change can best be described as
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more