Really great job. Thank you so much. I really love it. Thank you so much for all of your help.
MBAA 523 Problem Set 8
1. For each of the US products or services in the table, insert appropriate market structure.
2. In oligopoly, each firm is acutely aware of the production and marketing decisions of all competitors and carefully considers the potential competitive reactions in all decisions. Discuss whether firms in other market structures consider the potential reaction of competitors when making important marketing decisions.
3. Part of the debate among economists on US airline deregulation in the 1978 involved the theory of contestable markets. List the four characteristics of contestable markets explained by Baye and Prince and evaluate how well the airline industry meets these criteria.
4. Price outcomes of the 5 (there are 5, not 4) oligopoly models differ substantially. Which models produces the lowest and highest total profits (all firms combined)? Which market structure produce the same prices?
5. Oligopoly is the predominant market structure in the airline industry. In the express package business, FedEx, UPS, and DHL compete in the global air express industry. In the US, FedEx and UPS are a duopoly. FedEx and UPS financial indicators such as net margin on sales and return on assets are near the average for US companies (low or zero economic profits). Which of the 5 oligopoly models best explains the FedEx-UPS duopoly? List the assumptions of the model and explain how the integrated cargo carriers meet the assumptions.
6. The mission statement for the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries states, “the mission of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is to coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.” Even when the OPEC members agree on a total output (at times they do not agree), explain why the members often disagree on how much petroleum each country should produce.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more