Home » For each of the following, determine whether it represents moral hazard, adverse selection, both, or neither. A board of directors that compensates…

For each of the following, determine whether it represents moral hazard, adverse selection, both, or neither. A board of directors that compensates…

Q1. For each of the following, determine whether it represents moral hazard, adverse selection, both, or neither.

A. A board of directors that compensates their CEO primarily through stock options.

B. A doctor who performs a large number of in-office tests and is paid per test.

C. An elderly couple who elect a generous medical insurance policy.

D. A buyer who makes a large raise in bid at an auction to discourage other bidders.

E. An entry level employee who works in an open common space with all her other co-workers.

F. A supervisor who spends most of his time alone in his office and has one annual evaluation.

G. A financial advisor who receives his compensation on a flat fee basis.

H. A financial advisor who receives her compensation on a percentage of total funds basis.

I. A financial advisor who receives his compensation as half of all returns that the portfolio he created earns above the S&P 500 return.

Q2. Suppose prospective clerical workers fall into one of two categories in equal numbers: high productivity (HP) and low productivity (LP). An HP worker’s value to the firm is $30,000 per year; an LP worker’s value is $20,000 per year. A firm hires workers who stay an average of five years.

A. At the time of hiring, the firm cannot distinguish HP and LP workers. In this case, what wage will it offer its new hires? What two word phrase describes the problem that you are facing?

B. One option is for workers to attend college before taking a job. Suppose college has no effect on clerical productivity (its other virtues notwithstanding). For an HP worker, the expected total cost of attending a four-year college (accounting for possible scholarships) is $40,000. The expected cost for an LP worker is $60,000. Can HP workers effectively signal their productivity by attending college? What if the average job stay is only three years?

Q3. You are the CEO of a firm currently earning $10M/year in economic profits. Your head of marketing comes to you with what she calls a brilliant marketing campaign. The campaign costs $6M, and is a go-big-or-go-home campaign: there’s a 70% chance it will increase revenue by $9M, and a 30% chance it will increase revenue by only $4M. Do you approve the campaign?







Calculate Your Essay Price
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more

Order your essay today and save 10% with the coupon code: best10