Urban Economics Problem Set#2 Due Date: Feb/ 19/ 2019 Note: But1 you are responsible for your idea of solving the problems. TA oice hours: Fridays…

I have put the clear picture about the problem set.

Thanks for your help

Urban Economics Problem Set#2 Due Date: Feb/19/2019

Note: If you encounter any issues with the mathematics needed in the problem set, please attend TA

office hours and ask him to help you. But, you are responsible for your idea of solving the problems.

Q1. Suppose there are eight workers in a town available for a firm. The firm is going to decide on

locating in an isolated site or a cluster.

a) Suppose the demand function for labor when demand is low is L

d = 24 − 2w, where w is the wage

rate. Using algebra and also a proper diagram, find the equilibrium wage and show it on your diagram, for

isolated site option.

b) When demand is high, the firm demands for four more labors in each wage, compared to low demand

case. As in the slides, find equilibrium wage and show it on the diagram (add this to the diagram you have

from part a)

c) Suppose the firm expects a high demand with 25% probability and a low demand with probability

75%. Find the cluster wage to achieve locational equilibrium, and show it with a diagram for cluster case.

d) Find the optimal locating policy for the firm by comparing expected profits.

Q2. Skill Matching Problem Suppose there are 8 workers with uniformly distrubuted skills on a unit

circle. Now suppose 4 firms enter the market with skill equirement of {

1

16 ,

5

16 ,

9

16 , and 13

16 }. Use appropriate

diagrams to show your work in this question.

a) What is the skill gap?

b) What is the net wage, if the gross wage is equal to 10, and unit training cost is equal to 32.

c) Now suppose, workers types increase to 10. How many firms will enter the market? What is the new

skill gap? Find the new net wage?

d) Discuss the effect of clustering on workers’ welfare

Urban Economics Problem Set#2 Due Date: Feb/ 19/ 2019 Note: if you encounter any issues with the mathematics needed in the problem set, please attend TAofiice hours and ask him to help you. But1 you are responsible for your idea of solving the problems. TAofiice hours: Fridays 12:15—1:45, 113 Keller; email: Q1. Suppose there are eight workers in a town available for a firm. The firm is going to decide onlocating in an isolated site or a cluster. a) Suppose the demand function for labor when demand is low is L‘i : 24 7 211;, where w is the wagerate. Using algebra and also a proper diagram, find the equilibrium wage and show it on your diagram, forisolated site option. b] When demand is high, the firm demands for four more labors in each wage1 compared to low demandcase. As in the slides, find equilibrium wage and show it on the diagram (add this to the diagram you havefrom part a) c) Suppose the firm expects a high demand with 25% probability and a low demand with probability75%. Find the cluster wage to achieve locational equilibrium, and show it with a diagram for cluster case. d] Find the optimal locating policy for the firm by comparing expected profits. Q2. Skill Matching Problem Suppose there are 8 workers with uniformly distrubuted skills on a unitcircle. Now suppose 4 firms enter the market with skill equirement of {115, 1%, %,and%}. Use appropriatediagrams to show your work in this question. a) What is the skill gap? b) What is the net wage1 if the gross wage is equal to 10, and unit training cost is equal to 32. c) Now suppose, workers types increase to 10. How many firms will enter the market? What is the newskill gap? Find the new net wage? d) Discuss the effect of clustering on workers’ welfare.







Calculate Your Essay Price
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more

Order your essay today and save 10% with the coupon code: best10