QUESTION 1 What is the dominant strategy in an ascending bid (or English) auction?

QUESTION 1 What is the dominant strategy in an ascending bid (or English) auction?

a. a bidder continues to bid up to the best estimate of the second highest bidder’s value

b. a bidder continues to bid up to an amount less than the full amount that depends on the number of other bidders

c. a bidder continues to bid up to half of the amount they value the item

d. a bidder continues to bid up to the full amount they value the item

6 points  

QUESTION 2 What is the optimal strategy in a first-price, sealed-bid auction?

a. bid less than the full value at which one values the item

b. bid one’s best estimate of the median bidder’s value

c. bid the full amount at which one values the item

d. bid one’s best estimate of the mean bidder’s value

6 points  

QUESTION 3 A firm that hosts auctions for art gives the following instructions for bidding: “To place a bid in the saleroom, raise your paddle until the Auctioneer acknowledges you. The auctioneer increases the bids by increments that usually do not exceed ten percent of the previous bid. When a sole bidder remains, the Auctioneer brings down the hammer and declares the lot sold [for the amount of the highest bid].” Based on that description, what type of auction does the auction house run?

a. descending-price (or Dutch) auction

b. ascending-price (or English) auction

c. Vickrey auction

d. first price, sealed-bid auction

6 points  

QUESTION 4 What is expected utility?

a. probability weighted average of possible profits

b. an evenly weighted average of possibility profits

c. a probability weighted average of possible utility levels

d. the profit from a given decision

6 points  

QUESTION 5Suppose an investment has three possible outcomes. There is a 40% chance that it brings a profit of 22,500. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 10,000. There is a 30% chance that is brings a profit of 0. What is the expected profit (or expected value of the profit) for this investment?

7 points  

QUESTION 6Continue to suppose an investment has three possible outcomes.  There is a 40% chance that it brings a profit of 22,500. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 10,000. There is a 30% chance that is brings a profit of 0.  Suppose a decision makers utility function can be described by U(w)=w^0.5.  What is the expected utility of this investment?

3 points  

QUESTION 7Continue to suppose an investment has three possible outcomes. There is a 40% chance that it brings a profit of 22,500. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 10,000. There is a 30% chance that is brings a profit of 0. Suppose a decision makers utility function can be described by U(w)=w^0.5. What is this investment’s certainty equivalence for this decision maker?







Calculate Your Essay Price
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more

Order your essay today and save 10% with the coupon code: best10