Really great job. Thank you so much. I really love it. Thank you so much for all of your help.
After either attending a live concert or watching a full-length concert online, write a critique of the performance following the format below.
Here are a few examples of full-length concerts you can find online (by conducting a web search using the criteria below) that could be used for this assignment:
Coldplay Live in Boston 2012 (Full Concert DVD)
Sting: If on a winter night-Live from Durham Cathedral 2009 (watch all 14 songs on concert)
Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Ron Wood, Bill Wyman, Jan Hammer, Charlie
Duke Ellington The Great Paris Concert
Richard Galliano/Winton Marsalis – Billie Holiday meets Edith PIAF
Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Jazz Center Orchestra @ The BBC Proms 2004
Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson, Amazing stuff!
Loretta Lynn — You’re Looking at Country – Legends In Concert
You may choose a different concert video to watch, but be sure you include the
of the concert you chose in your critique,
the program of the live concert you attended and attach it. The musical style of the concert should include at least one of the genres studied in this course.
Your concert critique should be 2.5 pages long, double-spaced. It should contain five paragraphs that describe the following aspects of the concert you attended:
1. Who are the performers?
2. Give the title of the concert and write something about the performers
3. Is it an orchestra? A choir? An ensemble? Solo artists?
4. Why did you choose to attend this particular performance?
5. Tell as much as you know about the musicians that performed Ã¢â‚¬â€œ are they professionals? Students? Teachers? How long have they been performing? Etc.
6. Describe the music that was performed on the concert. What genre is the music (blues? jazz ? rock? country?)
7. What time period was the music written in? What was the tempo, dynamics, texture, etc. Sometimes the music in a concert will be only one genre. Sometimes there will be several genres performed. Attach the program to your critique, and then refer to the titles in the program. For example: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Autumn LeavesÃ¢â‚¬Â was performed by a small instrumental ensemble (guitar, bass, percussion). It is a standard contemporary tune. The tempo was a moderately slow ballad. It had a very mellow soundÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
8. Tell how well you think the performers interpreted the music that was on the concert. Were the singers in tune? Did the piano player play musically and rhythmically? Do you think the performers communicated the music as it was meant to be communicated by the composer?
9. Tell which pieces or part of the concert was most moving or enjoyable for you. If you didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t enjoy the concert very much, tell why you didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t enjoy it. What could have been better? Be as specific as you can when expressing your opinion of the performance Ã¢â‚¬â€œ donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t just write generalities like Ã¢â‚¬Å“It was niceÃ¢â‚¬Â or Ã¢â‚¬Å“it made me feel like dancingÃ¢â‚¬Â. Tell why the music made you feel like dancing. Write about why you particularly enjoyed that part of the concert.
10. Conclude your critique by summing up the performance and telling us if you would go to hear these performers again Ã¢â‚¬â€œ or would invite your friends or family to hear this performance/performer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more