Really great job. Thank you so much. I really love it. Thank you so much for all of your help.
ECO 550 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Winter 2017
Assignment 1: Demand Estimation
Imagine that you work for the maker of a leading brand of low-calorie, frozen microwavable food that estimates the following demand equation for its product using data from their 26 supermarkets around the country for the month of April.
The following is a regression equation. Standard errors are in parentheses.
QD = -3,500 – 150P + 30A + 75PX + 10Y
(5,234) (2.29) (5.25) (1.75) (1.5)
R2 = 0.90 n = 26 F = 47.25
Your supervisor has asked you to compute the elasticities for each independent variable. Assume the following values for the independent variables:
QD = Quantity demanded of a unit (dependent variable)
P (in cents) = 300 cents per unit (price per unit)
A (in dollars) = $750 (monthly advertising expenditures)
PX (in cents) = 200 cents per unit (price of leading competitorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s product)
Y (in dollars) = $10,000 (per capita income)
1. Compute the elasticities for each independent variable.
Write down all of your calculations.
2. Determine the implications for each of the computed elasticities for the business in terms of short-term and long-term pricing strategies. Provide a rationale in which you cite your results.
3. Recommend whether you believe that this firm should or should not cut its price to increase its market share. Provide support for your recommendation.
4. Assume that all the factors affecting demand in this model (A, PX and Y) remain the same.
Plot the demand curve for the firm using these prices: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, and 800 cents.
The equation for the firmÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s supply curve is:
Qs = -7909.79 + 79.0989 P
, where Qs is quantity supplied and P is price. Plot the supply curve, Qs, using the same prices 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, and 800 cents.
5. Determine the equilibrium price and quantity. (Show this graphically and/or calculate using algebra.)
6. What short-term and long-term changes in market conditions could shift the demand and supply curves for this product?
7. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow the formatting requirements below:
Document must be typed using Times New Roman font (size 12). Use double spacing and one-inch margins on all sides. Citations and references must be consistent with APA formatting. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Document must include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s name, the professorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more