Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
Your team will play the roles of a Freight Forwarder and a materials and distribution manager for Apotex Pharmaceuticals in Montreal. Your freight forwarder is GCA (Global Canadian Agents) and Apotex can take care of the delivery to GCA at the airport terminal using their own trucks. Your team is responsible for all transportation, distribution, materials, and purchasing for your firm.
Your companies have been hired to deliver aid to the conflict zone of Yemen, supplying emergency pharmaceuticals to Medicin sans Frontiere in that country. The United Nations has brokered a fragile peace plan, and the blockade of Yemeni Ports and risks to air traffic will be lifted for a one-week period. Your task is to take this opportunity to deliver 4.5 cubic meters of materials weighing 1.2 metric tonnes and having a value of $8,000,000.00. You are responsible for deciding all logistics necessary to deliver the goods to the hospital in Yemen.
You have, so far, found the best two choices to get the cargo close to the destination, but you will need to recommend the best choice and the method of delivery to the final destination in the Governorate of Amran, in the north-west interior of Yemen.
Montreal – New York – Riyadh
(Air freight, UPS via JFK)
Montreal – JFK by express truck, CAN $15.00/100 lb.
JFK – RUH: +500 kg – US $11.02/kg
Montreal – Paris – Cairo
(Own consolidation to Paris, then your French agent’s consolidation to Cairo)
YUL – CDG: +300 kg – CAN $3.36
CDG – CAI: +500 kg – EUR 6.93
Exchange rate: US $1.00 = CAN $1.30
EUR 1 = CAN $1.40
As a team, Apotex, Freight Forwarder, and the customer (Medicin sans Frontiere) decide on the following:
1. Calculate the chargeable weights and freight charges for both alternatives. (5 marks)
Ref.: Module 8
1. Conduct a CREEEPSS risk analysis for conducting such a delivery to Yemen. Use this criteria and the above freight costs to recommend a route See: The Consequences of War in Yemen (3 marks)
Ref.: Module 9
MSF. (2019, June 25). Indirect consequences of war in Yemen | MSF. Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International. https://www.msf.org/indirect-consequences-war-yemen
2. Find the most appropriate mode(s) and routes for the final delivery (from Cairo or Riyadh) to the hospital in Amran. Outline the finalized complete route on appropriate maps (door to door). (3 marks)
Ref.: Module 10
3. Recommend the Incoterms® for Apotex to use in this case, given the available information on your customer. Completely justify your decision. (3 marks)
Ref.: Module 11
4. Outline the role the freight forwarder will play in the transaction and describe all the necessary transportation documentation. (3 marks)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more